May 06, 2008

Am I Willing?

Lord, I am willing to-
Receive what you give,
Lack what you withhold,
Relinquish what you take.

This is from Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges. My prayer today is that the above will be my response to what God provides for me. Bridges challenges us that we have to accept the good God gives but also the bad. He says "Lord, am I willing to receive this bad thing you have given me or am I willing to lack what you withheld?" I have to confess that I am not always willing to receive the bad that God gives me. I want to be labeled as content in where God has me. I want to be able to take joy in what God has decided to withhold from me at the moment. I want to trust God so much that when He takes something away from me, I will relinquish it without a fight. I know this is all apart of sanctification in my life and I trust that God is completing the work He has begun in my life. So what about you? Do you gladly relinquish what God takes from you? Do you gladly receive the bad things in your life that God has given you?

2 comments:

Jennifer Dean said...

I love your blog Abby!

Abby said...

Thanks Jennifer!!! I love you!!!