January 30, 2011

Weekend in Review

I'm going to start a new goal for me...posting about my weekends.  We'll see how long I keep it!  :-)  Hopefully I can get into taking more pictures with my Iphone and then can post pictures too!  :-) 

This weekend was a real treat!  I only worked for 2.5 hours on Friday and took the rest of the day off...it was GREAT!  My Dad, Mom, Beth (sister) and Paul (bro-in-law/awesome mechanic) came to visit.  It's a long trip for less than 48 hours together but it was such a joy to be with them. We had dinner in on Friday night and they brought a birthday cake for me (more on that later).  We played a game of Mexican Train and laughed a lot!  Saturday the girls went to Aldi (mom has to go there every time she comes to visit)  and the guys checked out the car and installed my new cabinet drawers...yay for organization!  We went to Firebirds for dinner and then went back to their hotel to watch Secretariat.  That movie was so good and I was reminded again how important it is to finish what you start.  And it was a BEAUTIFUL day...did I say gorgeous b/c it was!  It was perfect treat for the last Saturday in January!  Sunday morning we met for breakfast and said our goodbyes...always sad to leave but I was thankful to be going to see my other family at church.  We sang Great is Thy Faithfulness today and I cried.  I mean who can read these words and not? 

Great is Thy faithfulness!

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

We went to lunch with friends and topped off our evening buying Keurig...from Amazon...with my Swagbucks and my steal from DailyDeals!  WOOHOO!  Now to finish off the night with my book.  Great weekend with great family and friends!  Hope you had the same!  Bring it on Monday! 

No comments: