January 01, 2011

New Year, New Goals

See, I told you I'd be back...it's the 1st, I'd say I'm doing pretty good on the promise! Haha! Anyway...I don't really make New Years Resolutions but this year I want to share with you a goal of mine...reading. Yes, I can read, but have not made it a practice, a discipline to read often. My husband is a true bookworm and you will find a book in his hand (or ear) whenever he is on down time...he loves to read...anything and everything. I on the other hand tend to read my Bible in the morning and sometimes another book that I am going through with a friend. This year I want to read more. So I want to read and then post about them...I won't give endings away but will share what I learned in them or enjoyed in them. If I can read a book a month, in addition to what I'm already reading, I think my goal will be met...so that's my goal...12+ books by 2012. Here is what is currently on my list...

Lessons I Learned in the Dark by Jennifter Rothschild

Safely Home by Randy Alcorn

Radical Womanhood by Carolyn McCulley

Do you have any suggestions for me? Feel free to share and I might pick a few.

Happy New Year to all!

Look among the nations! Observe! Be astonished! Wonder! Because I am doing something in your days --you would not believe if you were told! - Habbakuk 1:5...I pray that God is doing something amazing in our nations this year! I can't wait to see what He has in store!

2 comments:

The Boyds said...

I've loved Desiring God, Dug Down Deep, & Praying the Savior's Way. I'm not sure if you've already read these or not; I know you've read my 2 all-time faves, Feminine Appeal & Stepping Heavenward. They're always worthy of a re-read, though! Maybe you've already read it, too, but I want to read Girls Gone Wise. This is a worthy goal, & one I have been toying with myself!

Abby said...

I have not read the first 3 but will look into them. Stepping Heavenward...might need to pull that one out again too! :-) Girls Gone Wise needs to go on the list too...although I feel like i have heard the whole book b/c I seem to hear Mary Kassian all the time! :-) Which reminds me...I need to go get their blog button for my sidebar! :-)