January 30, 2011

Happy Birthday Granny

Today my Granny is 77.  She might not have wanted me to post that age, but I love it.  She is the classiest lady I have ever known!  She has had jet black hair ever since I have known her...and she never dyed it! She was with me when I was told that my other grandmother had died from cancer.  She brought me soup and grapes when I was sick in college.  She has been married to my grandfather for almost 60 years and is now going through a separation with him that is oh so hard, not a desired separation but b/c of his dimentia and need for constant care, it is necessary.  She loves the Lord and knows the importance of prayer.  She loves to play games with us when we are all together.  She still walks at least a mile (I think it's more) every Mon thru Fri with one of her best friends...unless it's too cold!  She is amazing and I am so glad that she is still with us!  I love her dearly and pray for her often!  Happy Birthday Granny!  I love you SO much and am so thankful for the blessing you have been in my life!