June 16, 2011

Rain and God's Mercy

Tonight it is raining and we have lost power. I read this as a friend's status: today was a fresh reminder of God's mercy, "for It rains on the just and the unjust alike.". God, who is rich in mercy, has seen fit to give us some rain tonight and for that I am thankful! So since it's raining and no power, I decided to blog from my iPhone blogger app...so forgive any typos! :-) It's been an interesting spring for us. Tornados came through our area at the end of April, although we were unhurt, my heart was definitely hurt for the people in my area! Rubble has been hauled off but there is still a lot of broken people! Another change has occurred for me! About 5 weeks ago I knew I needed to make a change in my physical life and by God's grace I have! I decided to take advantage of my flexible work schedule and started going into work between 6 and 6:30. My friend Jennifer was enlisted and I joined the gym that she has belonged to and we started meeting 3-4 times a week to exercise together (praise God that she used to be a trainer And has some awesome skills in the gym). She has been a Godsend and a GREAT friend! We have worked hard and there have been tears...ok lots of tears on my part but this week I saw some results to this lifestyle change...I've lost 18 lbs!! I'm thankful that God has allowed me to see some quick results and it has brought great encouragement to me. PLUS...I feel a whole lot better!! I also have been eating much better and its still yummy! :-) Pray for me in this new adventure! And be thankful for the rain tonight too!!  BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: