May 29, 2007

Memorial Day

Yesterday was Memorial Day. It is one of my favorite holidays and also one of the saddest. When I graduated from high school, my parents took me and a friend to Washington D.C...it just happened to fall on the Memorial Day weekend. Ever since then I have enjoyed this holiday. Being in our nations' capitol during this celebration was an awesome event. I even got to see the President give his address from Arlington Cemetery. I have to admit that I cry a lot on this day and I haven't even lost anyone to any war. I guess I cry because I see the sacrifice that so many other people have made so that I might be free! I am so thankful to them for sacrificing their time and even their life so that I might walk around free in this country, so that I can pray to my BIG God. War is a horrible thing but even God is involved in war. God even used war to bring His people to the promised land and claim it for themselves. I am confident that God chose these men and women for a special task and that He saw necessary to bring them into war, and then ultimately for them to die. I do want to say thank you to all the soldiers who are on duty now and also to those families that sacrifice their time away from their husbands, sons, brothers, wives, etc. I know that they are serving our country as well! Thank you!

No comments: