- My sister is engaged to the love of her life, Paul and they are getting married on June 6th!!!
- A "blogworld" friend just got news that her husband's final severance check will come on graduation day in May!
- My friend Catie and her husband are moving to MI, their first pick for med schools!
A few that we are praying through, trusting that God is faithful to His people, praying that we will be content with what God does in these situations...
- Steve and Ronda in their making the decision to possibly amputate their 4 year old son's left foot.
- Erin and David as they wait on their first child to be born in August after much waiting.
- 6 applications that we sent to Law Schools last Saturday.
“The man who has faith is the man who is no longer looking at himself, and no longer looking to himself. He no longer looks at anything he once was. He does not look at what he is now. He does not [even] look at what he hopes to be as the result of his own efforts. He looks entirely to the Lord Jesus Christ and His finished work, and he rests on that alone. He has ceased to say, ‘Ah yes, I have committed terrible sins but I have done this and that…’ He stops saying that. If he goes on saying that, he has not got faith… Faith speaks in an entirely different manner and makes a man say, ‘Yes, I have sinned grievously, I have lived a life of sin… yet I know that I am a child of God because I am not resting on any righteousness of my own; my righteousness is in Jesus Christ, and God has put that to my account.’”
- D. M. Lloyd-Jones, quoted by Timothy Keller in The Message of Romans (Redeemer Presbyterian Church, 2003), 59.